Tail of the Dragon Road Trip 2019

Official club events
Ghost Rider
First & Last Name: Butch Yates

Tail of the Dragon Road Trip 2019

Post by Ghost Rider » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:04 pm

Hi Everyone,
I'm very excited to announce that we are returning to hills of Tennessee this year to run the Dragon, and cruise downtown Gatlingburg. The plan is to drive up on Friday August 16th and stay at the Park Vista hotel for two nights.(Working on room rates, should have them very soon.) Cruising downtown on Friday night, and maybe doing some moonshine walking. If anyone's interested. :) Then on Saturday morning we will meet up with Tina Wells and a group of Camaros from the Southern Maryland Club to do at least one parade lap through the Dragon. Taking some group photos at the lake area.
Maybe even go to Cade's Cove in the evening after a few runs at the Dragon of course. (If time permits)
Touring the Cove
An 11-mile, one-way loop road circles the cove, offering motorists the opportunity to sight see at a leisurely pace. Allow at least two to four hours to tour Cades Cove, longer if you walk some of the area's trails. Traffic is heavy during the tourist season in summer and fall and on weekends year-round. While driving the loop road, please be courteous to other visitors and use pullouts when stopping to enjoy the scenery or view wildlife.
Return to the hotel Saturday night and enjoy some music and a few beverages in our corner parking area before retiring for the night.
Then leaving on Sunday for home or site seeing along the way home for those who have not had enough fun.

More details to follow!!! Hope you can come along and enjoy the ride!
Club Hosts: Butch Yates & Marty Land

LesleyBanks
First & Last Name: Lesley Banks

Re: Tail of the Dragon Road Trip 2019

Post by LesleyBanks » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:26 pm

I'm sure you're prob waiting on participation/count to negotiate with the hotel for best rates. I would be interested if the room rates are reasonable. Have to consider gas, eating and extra curricular activities.
CAM GAL