2020 Spring Auto Fair

Official club events
Ghost Rider
First & Last Name: Butch Yates

2020 Spring Auto Fair

Post by Ghost Rider » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:52 am

2020 Spring Auto Fair (Updated 2/8/2020)

Saturday, April 4, 2020 & Sunday, April 5,2020
Adding this event to see just how many members want to attend this Spring. If we don't get the commitment from members to attend, it may have to be removed and we will possibly lose our spaces. This show is rain or shine and will be two full days again. Saturday and Sunday. We paid for 20 spaces last fall and we could only fill half of them. We can't do that and be expected to be invited back again in the fall. So let's show your support or we may not attend. Spaces are going to be $20 each for the Spring Show. Hopefully we can fill our spaces and continue with this show. One of their new rules is that they only offer clubs one award per every five cars that they have registered. If the club doesn't fill spaces they reserve they may not be asked to come back.

They are starting to sell spaces to non-club member cars for $50 ea. space. So they want like any empty spaces left on the infield.
See the flyer information below that I received from them:

Hello,
I wanted to send an update to all car clubs because you are a valued member of the Pennzoil Autofair.
Autofair is open to all automotive enthusiasts. It attracts young, old, different makes and models of vehicles. We must continue to evolve to remain prominent in the show world. In the recent past we have made changes that are relevant to shows continued expansion and growth. Some of these you have liked and some not so much.

“The only thing constant is change”

For almost 40 years in order to display your vehicle at Autofair you must be a member of a club. Starting in 2020 you may still show your ride with a car club for the $20 weekend pass (Free for concourse if you register in time) However, registration will open to those display vehicles who are not a club member. For $50 any show vehicle (maximum of 75 accepted) may register and show on the infield during AF weekend.
Car clubs will get preferred locations first. All non-car club vehicles that register will be parked together. Thank you for your continued support.
Ed Fausel- Event Manger

Club Host: Butch Yates & Marty Land

https://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/ ... GSZ6VV4rT0

Ghost Rider
First & Last Name: Butch Yates

Re: 2020 Spring Auto Fair

Post by Ghost Rider » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:44 pm

Good news! The club has pre-paid for 15 spaces on the infield and filled out all of the registration paperwork, so we are all set. Looks like we so far have 11 members who have signed up for the show. So we have 4 open spaces. Be sure to sign up if you want one of these spaces. We are locked in to only 15 spaces. Marty & myself decided to cut back to make sure we don't have to pay for spaces that we didn't use and have issues with the speedway for not filling them. They provide one award for each five cars, plus one best of show for each club. Se we will have four awards total. Each member who attends will vote for their choice of winners.
Remember the spaces cost $20 per car for the Spring Show since it is two days. We are responsible for filling spaces for both days.
I understand some can only attend Saturday, so hopefully we can get some that can only attend Sunday.

These are what Marty & myself asked for:
Best of Show
Runner-Up / 2nd Place
Best Modified
Best Stock