2020 Spring / Summer Auto Fair / Cancelled

Official club events
Ghost Rider
First & Last Name: Butch Yates

2020 Spring / Summer Auto Fair / Cancelled

Post by Ghost Rider » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:52 am

2020 Spring/Summer Auto Fair (Updated 5/9/2020)

Show has been Cancelled !!! Due to Covid-19 Safety Concerns by CMS

Here is the e-mail that we received with the news.
Good afternoon, Clubs!!

I want to thank each and every one of you for your patience and understanding during this trying time for our country and the world. I hope that all of you are healthy and safe.

With that being said, I am sure that all of you are wanting an update on the rescheduled show for June 12-14. As I am sure you all have expected, the show has been cancelled. I am attaching a letter from the Speedway containing the details. I know that you all will have a lot of questions, and I will work diligently to answer all of them to the best of my ability. Please do understand though, that some of the details are still being worked out behind the scenes. We are really going to miss seeing everyone, but look forward to making up the missed time at the show in October.

Again, if you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

On another note, I want to thank all of you that have taken the time to send emails supporting our friend Ed Fausel. I am hoping and praying as I am sure all of you are that he will be rehired for his position once this pandemic is over.

--
Jerry & Robina Caulder
CMS AutoFair Coordinators

June 12-14 Pennzoil AutoFair Canceled due to Pandemic

Oct. 22-24 Pennzoil AutoFair Remains on Schedule

CONCORD, N.C. (May 7, 2020) – Due to circumstances surrounding the coronavirus pandemic, Charlotte Motor Speedway has canceled the spring edition of the Pennzoil AutoFair. Originally scheduled for its traditional early April weekend, the event was postponed until June 12-14 but now is off the 2020 event calendar. The fall edition of Pennzoil AutoFair is scheduled for Oct. 22-24.
“While North Carolina is currently moving toward Phase 1 of re-opening the economy, we recognize that restrictions on large public gatherings such as spectator events will still be in place by mid-June,” said Greg Walter, executive vice president and general manager at Charlotte Motor Speedway. “As our discussions with state and local government health officials continue, we believe this is the best decision for the health and safety of the thousands of vendors, car club participants and attendees who enjoy this show each spring.
“The Pennzoil AutoFair is a marquee event that fans and automotive enthusiasts from across the country look forward to every year. We’ll work hard alongside our partners at the Hornet’s Nest Region of the Antique Automobile Club of America to invite the vendors and car-lovers back to join us for a spectacular edition of the show in October.”
Participant questions regarding on-site displays and vendor set-ups should be directed as follows:
Car Clubs to cmsautofair@gmail.com
Manufacturer’s Midway to kbooker@charlottemotorspeedway.com
Car Corral / Aftermarket Vendors to Hornet’s Nest Region at 704-841-1990

New dates due to the Corona Virus
Saturday, June 13, 2020 & Sunday, June 14,2020

Reminder that our club has pre-paid for the 15 spaces secured for this event.
Spaces are going to be $20 each for the Spring /Summer Show. Hopefully we can fill our spaces and continue with this show. One of their new rules is that they only offer clubs one award per every five cars that they have registered. If the club doesn't fill spaces they reserve they may not be asked to come back.

All spaces at the track have been sold. We currently still have two open spaces.

The track sold spaces to non-club member cars for $50 ea. space. So they want like any empty spaces left on the infield.
See the flyer information below that I received from them:

Hello,
I wanted to send an update to all car clubs because you are a valued member of the Pennzoil Autofair.
Autofair is open to all automotive enthusiasts. It attracts young, old, different makes and models of vehicles. We must continue to evolve to remain prominent in the show world. In the recent past we have made changes that are relevant to shows continued expansion and growth. Some of these you have liked and some not so much.

“The only thing constant is change”

For almost 40 years in order to display your vehicle at Autofair you must be a member of a club. Starting in 2020 you may still show your ride with a car club for the $20 weekend pass (Free for concourse if you register in time) However, registration will open to those display vehicles who are not a club member. For $50 any show vehicle (maximum of 75 accepted) may register and show on the infield during AF weekend.
Car clubs will get preferred locations first. All non-car club vehicles that register will be parked together. Thank you for your continued support.
Ed Fausel- Event Manger

Club Host: Butch Yates & Marty Land

https://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/ ... GSZ6VV4rT0

Ghost Rider
First & Last Name: Butch Yates

Re: 2020 Spring Auto Fair

Post by Ghost Rider » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:44 pm

Good news! The club has pre-paid for 15 spaces on the infield and filled out all of the registration paperwork, so we are all set. Looks like we so far have 11 members who have signed up for the show. So we have 4 open spaces. Be sure to sign up if you want one of these spaces. We are locked in to only 15 spaces. Marty & myself decided to cut back to make sure we don't have to pay for spaces that we didn't use and have issues with the speedway for not filling them. They provide one award for each five cars, plus one best of show for each club. Se we will have four awards total. Each member who attends will vote for their choice of winners.
Remember the spaces cost $20 per car for the Spring Show since it is two days. We are responsible for filling spaces for both days.
I understand some can only attend Saturday, so hopefully we can get some that can only attend Sunday.

These are what Marty & myself asked for:
Best of Show
Runner-Up / 2nd Place
Best Modified
Best Stock

Whitenite
First & Last Name: John Adcock

Re: 2020 Spring / Summer Auto Fair

Post by Whitenite » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:54 pm

I can only go for Saturday only but I would like to reserve a spot.