2018 Camaro Club & Family Cookout Gathering

This is for listing events on days that the Club does not have a event scheduled but you would like to tell other members about.
PLEASE DO NOT LIST EVENTS ON DAYS THE CLUB HAS A EVENT SCHEDULED. THEY WILL BE DELETED.
Ghost Rider
First & Last Name: Butch Yates

2018 Camaro Club & Family Cookout Gathering

Post by Ghost Rider » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:01 pm

Hi Everyone,
A few members have asked if we could have a member gathering just to have a good time and enjoy some great food. No stress of car shows, etc. Well I'm happy to announce that we have set a date and a location for this event.
I would like to thank Andy & Becky Thurston for offering to let us use his home as the gathering location. I would also like to thank Mike Castro for offering to bring out a large grill to handle whatever meats we want to cook. Working on a list of food, more details to come, feel free to make offers if you plan to attend. The club has done very well with previous cookouts and I'm sure we can do it even better if we all chip in by bringing various items to help make this happen. The date has been set for September 22nd,2019.
Andy's home address is 3545 Mellon Drive, Salisbury N.C. 28144.
Please post comments as you sign up to what you plan to bring so we can have an idea of what may still be needed, and be sure to include all members of your family that are coming so we make sure we have plenty of food to go around. I hope we can make this an anuual event if we all show the interest in making it happen. Going to have music, games, food, and a lot of fun.
Event time is from 12pm -6pm or later.... Going to have horse shoes, corn hole, small swimming pool is onsite for those who may want to cool off. I hear there is even a pool table for those who like a challenge. Hope we can have a big turnout.

https://goo.gl/maps/LqMokopX2jE2

Ghost Rider

Re: 2018 Camaro Club & Family Cookout Gathering

Post by Ghost Rider » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:25 am

Thanks Doug Walton for offering to help as well. He is also a member who brought this idea to my attention and has volunteered his time and services to make this event a reality.

darmama516

Post by darmama516 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:49 pm

This sounds like fun. We would love to come to this event (2 people). I can bring desserts, baklava (It is a Greek pastry dessert with nuts and a honey/sugar syrup. It is very good!) and lemon cookies. If we need any meats or fresh fish, (for those that don't eat pork) I work for Southern Foods/Cheney Brothers in Greensboro. Please let me know. I have an extra corn hole set if needed.

Thank you Andy & Becky Thurston for letting us come to your home for this event.

Thursty
First & Last Name: Andy Thurston

Post by Thursty » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:44 am

Extra Cornhole set can't hurt!

Ghost Rider

Post by Ghost Rider » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:09 pm

Lists of Food so far:
Boston Butts
Smoked chickens
Potato salad
Homemade Baklava
Lemon Cookies
7-Layer Salad
Deviled Eggs
Potato Salad 2
Dessert?
Plates & Utensils
Slaw
Buns
Dessert?

We need drinks, anything else?

LesleyBanks

Post by LesleyBanks » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:29 pm

I will bring bbq sauce, chips & dip, a couple packs of hot dogs and buns and a few 2 liters with ice!
CAM GAL