Fall Auto Fair Event Changes

Any club related discussion
Ghost Rider
First & Last Name: Butch Yates

Fall Auto Fair Event Changes

Post by Ghost Rider » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:00 pm

Hi Everyone,
I wanted to pass along some news about the Fall Auto Fair. The track has decided that they want every car who parks on the infield to pay $20 per car. So in order to keep our 24 spaces we would need to pay $480 by a deadline date of July 27th. Less than three weeks from now. The spaces are going to be first come first serve according to the track. So no guarantee of where on the infield we will be parked. If we don't want to pay, we will be moved to the concourse area. Which may be anywhere as well. A lot of clubs are mad about this change, but I see no real choice. If we go, we want to be on the infield, or we choose not to participate and drop out. But if we do drop out, we may never get our 24 spaces back. I would appreciate your feed back on this. We do have the club funds to pay for the spaces, and we would charge members to pay the money back to the club account. The only risk is if we don't fill the spaces. The track has also changed the rules about Sunday. We can't swap out cars. So only cars coming on Saturday are allowed to come on Sunday. See attached letter and my comment post below for the complete details. I would like to have a decision made by early next week. Please post your comments as if you would be willing to pay to attend future shows at the Charlotte Auto Fair or not. The deadline for paying is coming soon.

Club President,
Butch Yates

LesleyBanks

Re: Fall Auto Fair Event Changes

Post by LesleyBanks » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:46 pm

I have no problem paying $20 for a prime spot in an awesome weekend show at the race track!!! You may consider securing only 20 spots, if that's possible, since there is a struggle getting them filled every time. Less money to make up too, if we don't have enough participants. Again send out an email to the members when payment is due... I don't want to miss out on this event. That's my 2 cents. Thanks
CAM GAL

rangomr

Post by rangomr » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:42 pm

Took forever trying to figure out this new site. I've only been one time but would like to attend again. The problem is whoever signs up for Satursday MUST go BOTH days & I'm fine with that. So many members only want to go 1 day , I wish I could attend it more often but on a single income and single makes a differents. Maybe see if we can just have 20 spaces.

Deathstar23

Post by Deathstar23 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:54 pm

I'm in for both days and have no issues paying the $20. Maybe agree if 20 spots might be the number since more spots have been an issue in the past.
Mike C. (Death$tr). :evil: